Blog / Real Estate Reels Ideas
As a real estate agent, you know that social media has become a critical part of marketing your business. And Instagram Reels are now some of the most powerful tools you can use.
This article will explore what Reels are, how to create them, and real estate Reels ideas to help you grow your following, stay in touch with your sphere and generate leads.
What Are Instagram Reels?
Instagram introduced Reels in 2020 as a way to compete with the growing popularity of TikTok. Fun, 15- to 90-second vertical videos, Reels are a great way to educate, entertain and connect with potential clients.
Why Realtors Should Use Instagram Reels
While it can be a struggle to come up with ideas for real estate Reels, it’s important to remember that there are numerous benefits to using the platform to market your services:
Reach new people – 50% of Instagram users discover new products and businesses through use of the platform’s explore page every day. This provides a great opportunity for you to get in front of new buyers and sellers.
“More and more of Instagram is going to become video over time.”Adam Mosseri, Head of Instagram
Instagram is prioritizing Reels – Instagram announced that they are prioritizing Reels as they attempt to compete with other video platforms. So, the Reels you create will get more attention than your other posts.
Reels stay in your feed – unlike Instagram Stories, Reels don’t disappear after 24 hours.
Show the real you – Reels are a great way to show off your personality and build know, like and trust. After all, people are much more likely to hire you when they feel like they know you.
Simplicity – Instagram Reels are quick and easy to make!
How to Make Instagram Reels for Real Estate
Ready to start making the best real estate Reels?
Here are the basic steps to follow:
Create the Video – there are a few options for this. You can:
- Record video directly through the Instagram app on your phone
- Use prerecorded video and photos to create a Reel on your phone or on your computer
- Utilize the “Use template” feature (our personal favorite). Here’s how…
One of the easiest ways to create real estate Reels, simply scroll through Reels and look for the “Use template” sticker on one that you like. You can see the sticker highlighted with the red arrow below.
The app will then walk you through how to simply replace the existing clips with your own. It will retain the music and timing from the original Reel. Voila!
Add text overlay, stickers, etc. – next, add some text and/or stickers. Just like with Instagram Stories, adding interactive stickers give people more opportunities to engage with your Reel.
Add a caption – be sure to include relevant keywords and hashtags in your caption.
Edit your cover image – this is the image that will appear on your main Instagram feed, and it’s square in shape as opposed to the taller Reels format. With that in mind, be sure to include any relevant text in the center of the cover image, so it doesn’t get cut off.
Best Songs for Real Estate Reels
When creating Instagram Reels, the music you choose is important.
Trending audio – to generate the most engagement, use audio that’s currently growing in popularity on Instagram. To find trending audio, scroll through Reels and look for the little up arrow next to the song title. This identifies audio that’s on the rise.
Mood – choose music that suits the feel of your Reel. A tour of an elegant new luxury listing calls for something different than a video of you walking through the mud at a new-construction site.
Themed – songs about home can be the perfect background for a real estate Reel. Here’s a list of some songs to try:
- Coming Home by Skylar Grey
- Home by Daughtry
- Home by Edith Whiskers
- Home by Michael Buble
- Home by Phililip Phillips
- My House by Flo Rida
- Our House by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Our House by Madness
- Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver
Content Calendar for Real Estate
- 365 days of consistent content
- Post ideas to increase engagement
- 26 inspiring quotes about real estate
- 52 engaging questions to ask
- 75+ international holidays
20 Reels Ideas for Realtors
Need a little inspiration for what to post about? Here’s a list of ideas to get you started!
Click HERE to download a PDF of the full list.
- Tell your story – share who you are and why you got into real estate.
- Introduce your team – create individual Reels profiling all the people who help support your clients.
- Property tours – simple walk-throughs make for great real estate Reels. Highlight specific features of a home like the kitchen, spa-like bath or view and create a Reel for each.
- Before-and-after transformations – show people the difference staging makes, or how paint can freshen up a room.
- Behind-the-scenes – what are some of the day-to-day tasks of your job as a real estate agent?
- How-tos – share how to get your home ready to go on the market, how to price a home to sell, or how to choose a fixer-upper or first home.
- Tips – think of questions you’re asked most often and create a series of tips. (i.e., “5 things you need to do before purchasing a home” or “5 home improvements that bring the best ROI when selling.”)
- Personal content – share video of you doing what you love, whether it’s a favorite hobby, traveling, or just walking your dog.
- Neighborhood profile – be the digital mayor of your area and highlight the best parts of the communities you serve.
- Local business spotlights – share some of your favorite local establishments, from restaurants to coffee shops to boutiques.
- Open house tour – get some added exposure for that new listing.
- Tell a story – share how you helped your buyer clients find their dream home, or how you guided a client through a difficult transaction.
- Celebrate – celebrate a closing with a video of your clients jumping for joy in front of their new home.
- Home maintenance – demonstrate a home maintenance tip for every season.
- Tour a garden center – and point out some great plants for adding instant curb appeal.
- Market update – offer a quick update on the state of the local real estate market.
- Non-profit profile – spotlight a local charity and share their current needs.
- Testimonial – share kind words from a happy client. Video makes for powerful testimonials!
- Inspirational quotes – create a quick Instagram Reel using an inspirational quote like the ones included in our Social Media Content Calendar.
- Mortgage information – partner with your favorite loan agent to share tips for first-time buyers.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the full list.
If you’ve been unsure where to start with Instagram Reels, hopefully these real estate Reels ideas are just the motivation you needed. The key is to provide value, information, and let potential customers get a feel for who you are and what it’s like to work with you.
How do you make a good real estate Reel?
First, don’t worry about making it perfect. Your first Reels may not be great, but over time you’ll get more comfortable. Second, keep it short and sweet. 15 seconds is ideal.
Where do people get ideas for Reels?
You can get a lot of inspiration from just spending some time on the platform. Look at what other people are doing and be inspired by the Reels you enjoy watching. Hopefully we’ve also provided some helpful real estate Reels ideas!
Check out these additional resources:
- From Likes to Listings – How to Turn Instagram Followers into Clients
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
- GrammarPros Free Real Estate Posts Page
- Social Media for Real Estate: A Simple Strategy
- 2023 Content Calendar for Real Estate & Mortgage
- 49 Instagram Post Ideas for Real Estate
- Pinterest for Real Estate Tips Sheet
- Mortgage Social Media Post Ideas